Wednesday, August 17, 2016

We Interrupt This Program

There will be a one-day intermission in the production of Mediocre Becomes Magic in order to share the email I received from six-year-old granddaughter Emmy yesterday:

Hi Gma, this is a painting I made all by myself.  I'm going to tell you the instructions of how to make this painting.  First make a little red sky, but just a little bit.  Then, make a green ground but not too much of the green ground!  Then you make a rainbow, but keep some space on the top left!  And make a sun.  Then, put blue in the little area that you did not paint.  Then, just shake some water onto it.  And then just like put some different painting stuff everywhere and drop water onto it.  And then lift it up to let the paint drip and shake it a little bit.

Love, Emmy

Let the Paint Drip
9x12", watercolor on computer printer paper, by Emmy
abstract
2016

I followed most of the instructions except I forgot Emmy used portrait orientation.

Then, I just had to get out some pens and pastels because clearly the idea was to Have Fun Painting!

Have Fun Painting!
9x12", acrylic, ink, and pastel on drawing paper, by Gma
abstract
2016



6 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your sweet letter. Love Emmy's art! And I love your participation! Awesome all around, thanks for sharing!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Wasn't that just the sweetest letter from Emmy? And her paintings always inspire me. Yup, awesome all the way around.

Unknown said...

Emmy says, sighing appreciatively: "Woooooooah, hers is amazing." Then, back to perky Emmy voice: "And so's mine!"

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Emmy, your painting is THE BEST! As soon as I saw it, it made me want to get out my paints : )

Did you see the comment from Sheila above? She loved your painting, too, and thought it was awesome. She's right!

Joany Kendra said...

Love, love, LOVE both of these and the accompanying dialogue!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

As you can well imagine, I was very excited to get Emmy's painting and letter : )

Post a Comment