Saturday, August 20, 2016

Because!

Two or three days into my playing with this line-and-pastel exploration, which I'd affectionately given the working title Mediocre, a friend posed the following question, a question offered up with a quizzical face and genuine curiosity: Why do you keep working on that piece—why don't you just start something new?

Well, because!

Because I never know when or how I will find myself in awe, but I almost always do. Either en route or in the end. Or both.

Each tile in each mosaic in this series feels like a place to me, a lush landscape. Each place beckons.

I enter.

Awe.

Thumbnail Gallery #3
4x5"graphite, acrylic, pencil, and pastels on canvas paper mounted on card stock and wallpaper
abstract
2016


4 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

We who make art are SO lucky! That place of awe that shows up sometimes out of nowhere attests to that. Every day, everything is possible. Lucky Emmy and lucky you!

Sheila said...

That is it exactly Dotty! A river, a lake, a quiet path. Thanks for sharing your travels with us :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Laurie, we ARE so fortunate. Every day, everything is possible.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, so glad to have you traveling the rivers, lakes, quiet paths, and more with me.

Post a Comment