Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Spiraling Back

I'm loving this last/optional set of exercises in Lesson 5 of my Dynamic Composition class, which opens the door to revisiting prior assignments and trying my more experienced hand at them all again. I can feel myself integrating many bits and pieces. I re-watched the very first video of the class and understood it so differently from back in January!

Today I made two pieces, each of which incorporates a soft grid painted format as background, uses collage in a grid composition, taps into my stash of handpainted collage papers, and utilizes line as a unifying element.

I Can Walk There
4x5", acrylic, collage, ink, and wax pastels on manila stock
abstract
2016
[gifted]

Let's Walk to the Park
4x5", acrylic, collage, ink, and wax pastels on manila stock
abstract
2016
[gifted] 


6 comments:

Joany Kendra said...

I'm loving the colors in these!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Joje. I love these colors, too. Such delight in working with them.

Sheila said...

Love these aerial landscapes :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. Great idea to call them aerial landscapes. They feel like abstract Google Earth snapshots.

Simone said...

So nice how you see yourself develop over time!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yes! It was really fun to be aware of how I've developed in the first half of this year, and to see how that development played out in these particular pieces.

Post a Comment