Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Lesson Six, Day Four

When Meg was a toddler, part of her bedtime routine included listening to certain records—and they actually were records, played on a record player, with a needle! A nursery song we became very familiar with, after dozens of evenings, went as follows:

One misty moisty morning
When cloudy was the weather
I chanced to meet an old man
Clothed all in leather …

Fast forward many years to a sunny morning in Virginia, walking home from a farmer's market, my hand in the hand of granddaughter Caroline, just a few years old herself at the time. With great delight, I passed the nursery song along.

He began to compliment
And I began to grin
How do you and how do you do
And how do you do again? clap clap

---

I found myself in a bit of a mist while creating this composition. Just couldn't quite see my way through to a clear path. I created layers. I created atmosphere. I said, How do you do and how to you do and how do you do again? … and went on my way.  clap clap 

One Misty Moisty Morning
6x6", acrylic, collage, ink, and pastels on canvas paper
abstract
2016





2 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely story, lovely mistiness. Love the title, moisty is a very good word!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Glad you enjoyed the story, mistiness, and title. Moisty IS a great word, isn't it? How are you doing in your move?

Post a Comment