Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A SNeries; #1 Bubbles Up to Completion

Glad I put this painting under refrigeration. While I turned my attention elsewhere, it waited patiently, stayed fresh, didn't spoil. Concurrently, I relaxed, reflected, renewed.

Today I soften the black circles and figure out how to keep a pocket of quiet space in a very busy composition without having the painting look unfinished.

Homemade Bubble Stuff
8x8", acrylic, ink, and oil pastels
abstract
2016
$64


Last seen looking like this …


… and now looking over its shoulder to see what will become of SNeries cohorts #2, 3, and 4.


2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the softening, and barely visible circles repeating.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. Every time I take myself back through the history of this painting I am astonished by its evolution. A challenging, engaging, and pleasing process.

Post a Comment