Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Secrets

Sure enough, new vision today. Hypnagogic ideas woke up with me this morning and nudged me into my studio.

I gessoed over yesterday's exploration. Whew!

Rummaged through paper scraps in search of greens, tore some pieces, glued them onto my support. Returned to the concept of negative painting. "Subtracted" some of the collage by covering it with paint, leaving an evergreen tree-like shape in place. Added ink, oil pastel, wax pastel.

Yup.

I love knowing that yesterday's doodle-mess is a secret gift under the tree, so to speak.

Hidden Gifts
3.25x4.5", acrylic, collage, ink, wax and oil pastels
abstract
2015
[not for sale]

in process

acrylic and ink
tissue, newsprint, oil pastel
gesso
collage
completed painting




4 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh Chistmas tree.....

Joany Kendra said...

... thy leaves are so unchanging...
I love this tree!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!

This isn't at all where I started but it's where I ended, and much pleasure doth it bring me!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Joje, love that you picked up on Sheila's comment and kept it going!

Post a Comment