Thursday, October 22, 2015

Preparations

My mom was given a King James Version Bible in 1937 when she was eight years old. It is from that Bible that my nephew Stuart will read the 23rd Psalm during the memorial service for his grandma. My nephew Guy will read Psalm 121.

As I sat with my sisters around Muth's bed again this morning, I pulled out my supplies to rustle up two bookmarks. I chose to work on canvas paper, paper that is less stiff than my watercolor paper and more suited to the thin flexible pages of Muth's Bible. The task pushed me to use watercolor pencils again. I'm still not very fluent with them but I was happy to immerse myself in experimenting, happy to be creating a little something from my heart and hands for Muth's service.

He Leadeth Me Beside the Still Waters
1.5x6.5", watercolor pencil on canvas paper
landscape
2015
[not for sale]
I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto the Hills
1.5x6.5", watercolor pencil on canvas paper
landscape
2015
[not for sale]

No comments:

Post a Comment