Monday, August 31, 2015

Unedited

First day at Takodah I made a new friend. And she paints! I love camp!

This is the first painting I did after Takodah. At first I didn't feel at home with myself, or my brush, or my studio. No surprise there. Takodah so infuses me that it always takes a day or two before I get grounded back at home.

Here's where I went internally. I went back to the dock at the waterfront on the lake at Takodah, back to my first conversation with Jane, a conversation in which I was inquisitive, open, unedited, receptive, exploring, learning, laughing, having fun, spontaneous. And then I painted with that same mental set. Thanks, Jane!

Have I told you I love Takodah?

Camp Friends
6x6", acrylic on canvas board
nature
2015
[not for sale]



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love camp, too! And Jane! And this painting, which FEELS like Takodah trees, Takodah light, Takodah joy.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for your comments. This painting was so much fun to do. Doesn't it just place you coming up from the waterfront in the late afternoon through the trees between the Monadnock Twins buildings with all that sun flooding A field?

Unknown said...

Yes!

Joany Kendra said...

I wasn't even there and your paintings make me feel I was part of the whole Takodah experience!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Joany, thanks for commenting. Such fun for me to hear that my painting can evoke place and experience convincingly!

Post a Comment