Monday, June 1, 2015

New App … lication of Paint

Wow.  Totally different painting experience today.  

When I wake in the night, which happens frequently of late, I run through ideas that might answer painting questions and problems.  Not a bad way at all to be awake in the night, I've discovered. 

Last night:  how to paint more loosely, more freely?  how to get more glide and less tooth with my existing supplies?  how to be less literal, more impressionistic?

In my studio in the light of day, I cut a square of watercolor paper and painted it with soft gel gloss medium.  Once it dried I pushed and scraped paint onto the paper using a knife. Then I went in with a brush to move and blend.  I had available a snapshot of a poppy that opened in Dave's garden yesterday but mostly I went by feel.

Learned a bunch.  Had fun.  Felt very satisfied.

studio

Pushy, Pushy
6x6", acrylic on watercolor
floral
2015

No comments:

Post a Comment