Friday, June 5, 2015

Duking It Out

My mind and hand often don't see eye to eye. Like siblings, they love each other fiercely but seem to spend quite a bit of time squabbling with each other.

Yesterday they were arguing about how to paint a set of kitchen measuring cups.

In the end, my mind came away with the shiner.

---

I don't currently have good conditions for setting up a still life, nor do I have much experience. I painted Taking Measure from a photo shot in my kitchen under multiple ceiling spotlights. I am posting my work-in-progress; I wasn't able to get many of the complex overlapping shadows in place before other commitments forced me out of my studio. I will return to this study to finish up at least a rough draft.  I might also paint it from scratch again.

Taking Measure of Each Other Under the Lights
6x6", acrylic on canvas paper
still life
2015



No comments:

Post a Comment